How to fix the Device Manager Error 3 Code 3
Error InformationError name: Code 3
Error number: Error 3
Applies to: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Description: The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources.
Recommended: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Device Manager
Each device you connect to your computer has a compatible driver to help you run processes that utilize that component. You will find a list of all devices within the computer in the Device Manager's hardware device properties. When something is wrong with these components, you will see indicators on that list. These indicators will give you an idea whether it is a driver issue, a conflict with system resource or other devices. You may see an exclamation point, a question mark or a down arrow on the list.
Device Manager errors come with error messages that describe the situation you are having with your computer hardware. Known as hardware error codes, these tell you exactly which part of the computer is having an issue. When you come across Device Manager error codes, you can correct the problem by making changes in the Device Manager section.
The Device Manager window and its contents are similar in all Windows version. To view status of components in Device Manager, you can simply search for the term "Device Manager" or run the process "devmgmt.msc".
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Device - Electronic devices: computers, smartphones, tablets, electronic hardware and platforms.
- Driver - Device driver or software driver is a computer program allowing higher-level computer programs to interact with a hardware device
- Memory - Use this tag for memory management or issues in programming
- Resources - Assets like memory, disk space, CPU power or alike necessary for effective operation or physical files like images, configuration files or other to provide some externalized enrichment to an application.
- System - System may refer to a set of interdependent components; Low level infrastructure like the operating system from a high language point of view or an object or function for accessing the previous
Symptoms of Code 3 - Code 3
As previously discussed, you will see indicators on the Device Manager window when you are experiencing problems with it. The problematic device might have a red X mark, an exclamation point or a question mark or a down arrow on it depending on what case you are facing.
An exclamation point denotes your computer detects a device but doesn't recognize it but if you see a question mark with an exclamation point, there may be conflicts between two devices connected to your computer. A red X mark means that your operating system cannot find the device, it might have been disabled or needs to be reconnected or rediscovered by your computer. A down arrow means a device is temporarily disabled.
Other than icon indicators on Device Manager, you may also receive errors that will tell you the symptoms your computer is displaying.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Code 3 - Error 3
Regardless of the kind of Device Manager error you are getting, these errors are normally caused by the following:
- Recent changes made in the system such as installation of a new program or hardware
- Registry changes due to other error troubleshooting
- Updates that your computer automatically installed
- Virus infection that targets Device Manager settings
- Not enough memory
- Defective hardware due to normal device wear and tear
There is no need to be afraid of receiving a Device Manager error. Device Manager errors are tools that help us properly identifying which component or software you need to troubleshoot.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- Click System Restore and then click Next.
- Choose your restore point when you know your computer is doing fine
- Keep clicking Next and the click Finish
- It will take time so be patient, wait for the operation to completely stop
- Right-click the Start button, then click System.
- Once in System window, click System and Security.
- Tap System and on the left side, click System protection.
- Click System Restore, follow the instruction to select your restore point and then click Next until you see the Finish button.
- Wait for the restore process to finish.
It is the simplest single step you perform to correct problems with your device. Whenever you get a Device Manager error, first thing you would want to do is to restart your computer and let your computer go back to previous setup without reinstalling or restoring your OS.
Also, keep it a habit to turn your computer off after use. It's an easy enough task to do and very helpful in maintaining proper system operations. Leaving your computer on a sleep or hibernate mode can shorten the life of your computer anyway, so, again, make it a point to shut down your computer after every usage.
- If you received a Device Manager error code, take note of the description so you can pinpoint the driver or the component that is causing the error
- Launch device manager by either searching for Device Manager or running "devmgmt.msc"
- Find the driver on the list and right click on it
- Click Uninstall in case you want to reinstall the driver, or Update Driver Software if you are trying to update it.
- You will see a confirmation window, make sure the Delete driver software item is unchecked.
- Click ok then reboot your computer.
You may alternately do this:
- You may manually download the driver from the manufacturer.
- Run it to replace the current driver you are using.
- Once done, let your computer reboot.
- On Device Manager, find the problematic driver.
- Right click the device and click Properties.
- When you see the Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- You will see the Roll Back Driver button, click that.
- Confirm the rollback by clicking Yes when you see a question that says "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?"
- Restart your computer after this.
- Click Start, Search for Update.
- You will see Windows Update as one of the listed search items, click it.
- This will automatically run a search for the most recent updates you should have. You may want to check the descriptions of the updates and install only those that are compatible with your system.
Wie beheben Fehler 3 (Code 3) - Der Treiber für dieses Gerät ist möglicherweise beschädigt, oder Ihr System verfügt möglicherweise nicht über genügend Arbeitsspeicher oder andere Ressourcen.
Come fissare Errore 3 (Codice 3) - Il driver per questo dispositivo potrebbe essere danneggiato o il sistema potrebbe avere poca memoria o altre risorse.
Hoe maak je Fout 3 (Code 3) - Het stuurprogramma voor dit apparaat is mogelijk beschadigd of uw systeem heeft mogelijk onvoldoende geheugen of andere bronnen.
Comment réparer Erreur 3 (Code 3) - Le pilote de ce périphérique est peut-être corrompu ou votre système manque peut-être de mémoire ou d'autres ressources.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 3 (코드 3) - 이 장치의 드라이버가 손상되었거나 시스템의 메모리 또는 기타 리소스가 부족할 수 있습니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 3 (Código 3) - O driver deste dispositivo pode estar corrompido ou o sistema pode estar com pouca memória ou outros recursos.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 3 (Kod 3) - Drivrutinen för den här enheten kan vara skadad eller så kan minnet eller andra resurser ta slut i systemet.
Как исправить Ошибка 3 (Код 3) - Драйвер для этого устройства может быть поврежден, или в вашей системе не хватает памяти или других ресурсов.
Jak naprawić Błąd 3 (Kod 3) - Sterownik tego urządzenia może być uszkodzony lub w systemie może brakować pamięci lub innych zasobów.
Cómo arreglar Error 3 (Codigo 3) - Es posible que el controlador de este dispositivo esté dañado o que su sistema tenga poca memoria u otros recursos.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #59
Clean Your Computer Inside and Out:
Your computer also needs cleaning from the outside on a regular basis. Dust and other particles build up pretty quickly on your pc and its peripherals. Overheating and device component failure can happen if your keyboard, mouse, screen and the interior part of your PC are not clean.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018