How to fix the Runtime Code 438 Object doesn't support this property or method
Error InformationError name: Object doesn't support this property or method
Error number: Code 438
Description: Not all objects support all properties and methods.
Try this first: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Code 438
Runtime Code 438 happens when Windows fails or crashes whilst it's running, hence its name. It doesn't necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Methods - A method often called function, routine or procedure is code that performs a task and is associated with a class or an object.
- Object - An object is any entity that can be manipulated by commands in a programming language
- Properties - A property, in some object-oriented programming languages, is a special sort of class member, intermediate between a field or data member and a method
- Property - A property, in some object-oriented programming languages, is a special sort of class member, intermediate between a field or data member and a method
Symptoms of Code 438 - Object doesn't support this property or method
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Windows is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Object doesn't support this property or method - Code 438
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application's installation disk to reinstall the program.
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the "Display a Notification about every Script Error" item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
Wie beheben Fehler 438 (Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht) - Nicht alle Objekte unterstützen alle Eigenschaften und Methoden.
Come fissare Errore 438 (L'oggetto non supporta questa proprietà o questo metodo) - Non tutti gli oggetti supportano tutte le proprietà ei metodi.
Hoe maak je Fout 438 (Object ondersteunt deze eigenschap of methode niet) - Niet alle objecten ondersteunen alle eigenschappen en methoden.
Comment réparer Erreur 438 (L'objet ne prend pas en charge cette propriété ou cette méthode) - Tous les objets ne prennent pas en charge toutes les propriétés et méthodes.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 438 (개체가 이 속성 또는 메서드를 지원하지 않습니다.) - 모든 개체가 모든 속성과 메서드를 지원하는 것은 아닙니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 438 (O objeto não suporta esta propriedade ou método) - Nem todos os objetos oferecem suporte a todas as propriedades e métodos.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 438 (Objekt stöder inte den här egenskapen eller metoden) - Alla objekt stöder inte alla egenskaper och metoder.
Как исправить Ошибка 438 (Объект не поддерживает это свойство или метод) - Не все объекты поддерживают все свойства и методы.
Jak naprawić Błąd 438 (Obiekt nie obsługuje tej właściwości lub metody) - Nie wszystkie obiekty obsługują wszystkie właściwości i metody.
Cómo arreglar Error 438 (El objeto no admite esta propiedad o método) - No todos los objetos admiten todas las propiedades y métodos.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #86
Upgrade To A Faster Operating System:
If you are unsatisfied with the performance of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can always upgrade to a faster Windows 10. Also, even though it might be considered an extreme move, but switching to MacOS or Linux can also be an option.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018