How to fix the Runtime Code 20 Resume without error
Error InformationError name: Resume without error
Error number: Code 20
Description: A Resume statement can only appear within an error handler and can only be executed in an active error handler.
Try this first: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Code 20
Runtime Code 20 happens when Windows fails or crashes whilst it's running, hence its name. It doesn't necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Handler - In the Observer pattern, an event handler is the function or method called on an observer listening for an event dispatched by the subject
- Resume - Starting something again after stoppingpausing it
Symptoms of Code 20 - Resume without error
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Windows is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Resume without error - Code 20
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application's installation disk to reinstall the program.
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the "Display a Notification about every Script Error" item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
Wie beheben Fehler 20 (Ohne Fehler fortsetzen) - Eine Resume-Anweisung kann nur innerhalb einer Fehlerbehandlungsroutine erscheinen und kann nur in einer aktiven Fehlerbehandlungsroutine ausgeführt werden.
Come fissare Errore 20 (Riprendi senza errori) - Un'istruzione Resume può essere visualizzata solo all'interno di un gestore di errori e può essere eseguita solo in un gestore di errori attivo.
Hoe maak je Fout 20 (Hervatten zonder fout) - Een Resume-instructie kan alleen verschijnen binnen een fouthandler en kan alleen worden uitgevoerd in een actieve fouthandler.
Comment réparer Erreur 20 (Reprendre sans erreur) - Une instruction Resume ne peut apparaître que dans un gestionnaire d'erreurs et ne peut être exécutée que dans un gestionnaire d'erreurs actif.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 20 (오류 없이 재개) - Resume 문은 오류 처리기 내에서만 나타날 수 있으며 활성 오류 처리기에서만 실행할 수 있습니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 20 (Retomar sem erros) - Uma instrução Resume só pode aparecer em um manipulador de erros e só pode ser executada em um manipulador de erros ativo.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 20 (Fortsätt utan fel) - Ett CV -uttalande kan bara visas i en felhanterare och kan bara köras i en aktiv felhanterare.
Как исправить Ошибка 20 (Возобновить без ошибок) - Оператор Resume может появляться только в обработчике ошибок и может выполняться только в активном обработчике ошибок.
Jak naprawić Błąd 20 (Wznów bez błędu) - Instrukcja Resume może pojawić się tylko w procedurze obsługi błędów i może być wykonana tylko w aktywnej procedurze obsługi błędów.
Cómo arreglar Error 20 (Reanudar sin error) - Una instrucción Resume solo puede aparecer dentro de un manejador de errores y solo se puede ejecutar en un manejador de errores activo.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #97
Disabling Cortana Digital Assistant:
One way to conserve resources in Windows 10 is to disable the Cortana Digital Assistant. If you are not using this service, turning it off altogether can give you back valuable resources you can use for other helpful tasks.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018