How to fix the Runtime Code 3448 A call to an OLE system function was not successful
Error InformationError name: A call to an OLE system function was not successful
Error number: Code 3448
Description: A call to an OLE system function was not successful. Try reinstalling the application that returned the error.
Software: Microsoft Access
Try this first: Click here to fix Microsoft Access errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Code 3448
Runtime Code 3448 happens when Microsoft Access fails or crashes whilst it's running, hence its name. It doesn't necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Call - A Call is the action of invoking a subroutine of code, an external program or a script in a programming environment
- Function - A function also called a procedure, method, subroutine, or routine is a portion of code intended to carry out a single, specific task
- Ole - OLE Automation, is an inter-process communication mechanism based on Component Object Model COM.
- System - System may refer to a set of interdependent components; Low level infrastructure like the operating system from a high language point of view or an object or function for accessing the previous
Symptoms of Code 3448 - A call to an OLE system function was not successful
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Microsoft Access is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of A call to an OLE system function was not successful - Code 3448
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- For Windows 7, click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Once inside Programs and Features, click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall.
- If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process, however if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application's installation disk to reinstall the program.
- For Windows 7, you may find the list of all installed programs when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab. You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program. You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then choose Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- Click the Program which is causing the runtime error, then you may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- You can also clear your cache and reboot your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window and right click your main directory (this is usually C: )
- Click Properties and then click Disk Cleanup
- Open Task Manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process buttom.
- You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur each time you stop a process.
- Once you get to identify which program is causing the error, you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
- Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features, find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done, reboot your computer.
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you may click Start, go to Control Panel, then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click Advanced tab then click the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you may click search and type Internet Options, then go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- On the same Internet Options window, you may go to Advanced tab and look for Disable script debugging
- Put a check mark on the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the "Display a Notification about every Script Error" item and then click Apply and OK, then reboot your computer.
Wie beheben Fehler 3448 (Ein Aufruf einer OLE-Systemfunktion war nicht erfolgreich) - Ein Aufruf einer OLE-Systemfunktion war nicht erfolgreich. Versuchen Sie, die Anwendung, die den Fehler zurückgegeben hat, erneut zu installieren.
Come fissare Errore 3448 (Una chiamata a una funzione del sistema OLE non è andata a buon fine) - Una chiamata a una funzione di sistema OLE non è riuscita. Prova a reinstallare l'applicazione che ha restituito l'errore.
Hoe maak je Fout 3448 (Een aanroep van een OLE-systeemfunctie was niet succesvol) - Een aanroep van een OLE-systeemfunctie is niet gelukt. Probeer de toepassing die de fout heeft geretourneerd opnieuw te installeren.
Comment réparer Erreur 3448 (Un appel à une fonction système OLE a échoué) - Un appel à une fonction système OLE n'a pas réussi. Essayez de réinstaller l'application qui a renvoyé l'erreur.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 3448 (OLE 시스템 함수에 대한 호출이 성공하지 못했습니다.) - OLE 시스템 함수에 대한 호출이 성공하지 못했습니다. 오류를 반환한 응용 프로그램을 다시 설치해 보십시오.
Como corrigir o Erro 3448 (Uma chamada para uma função do sistema OLE não foi bem-sucedida) - Uma chamada para uma função do sistema OLE não foi bem-sucedida. Tente reinstalar o aplicativo que retornou o erro.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 3448 (Ett anrop till en OLE-systemfunktion lyckades inte) - Ett samtal till en OLE -systemfunktion lyckades inte. Prova att installera om programmet som returnerade felet.
Как исправить Ошибка 3448 (Вызов системной функции OLE не был успешным) - Вызов системной функции OLE завершился неудачно. Попробуйте переустановить приложение, вернувшее ошибку.
Jak naprawić Błąd 3448 (Wywołanie funkcji systemowej OLE nie powiodło się) - Wywołanie funkcji systemowej OLE nie powiodło się. Spróbuj ponownie zainstalować aplikację, która zwróciła błąd.
Cómo arreglar Error 3448 (Una llamada a una función del sistema OLE no se realizó correctamente) - Una llamada a una función del sistema OLE no se realizó correctamente. Intente reinstalar la aplicación que devolvió el error.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #80
Turning off Unnecessary Windows Features:
Some of the bundled features that came with Windows are not really being used by most users. To free up some needed extra power to speed up your PC, disabling or uninstalling these features can be the best option to take. In the Control Panel, you can turn off services like Windows Meeting Space, DFS replication service, Media Features, Remote Differential Compression and a whole lot more.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018