How to fix the Device Manager Error 32 Code 32
Error InformationError name: Code 32
Error number: Error 32
Applies to: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Description: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality.
Recommended: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Device Manager
Each device you connect to your computer has a compatible driver to help you run processes that utilize that component. You will find a list of all devices within the computer in the Device Manager's hardware device properties. When something is wrong with these components, you will see indicators on that list. These indicators will give you an idea whether it is a driver issue, a conflict with system resource or other devices. You may see an exclamation point, a question mark or a down arrow on the list.
Device Manager errors come with error messages that describe the situation you are having with your computer hardware. Known as hardware error codes, these tell you exactly which part of the computer is having an issue. When you come across Device Manager error codes, you can correct the problem by making changes in the Device Manager section.
The Device Manager window and its contents are similar in all Windows version. To view status of components in Device Manager, you can simply search for the term "Device Manager" or run the process "devmgmt.msc".
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Device - Electronic devices: computers, smartphones, tablets, electronic hardware and platforms.
- Driver - Device driver or software driver is a computer program allowing higher-level computer programs to interact with a hardware device
- Service - A Service is a long-running executable that performs specific functions and which is designed not to require user intervention.
Symptoms of Code 32 - Code 32
As previously discussed, you will see indicators on the Device Manager window when you are experiencing problems with it. The problematic device might have a red X mark, an exclamation point or a question mark or a down arrow on it depending on what case you are facing.
An exclamation point denotes your computer detects a device but doesn't recognize it but if you see a question mark with an exclamation point, there may be conflicts between two devices connected to your computer. A red X mark means that your operating system cannot find the device, it might have been disabled or needs to be reconnected or rediscovered by your computer. A down arrow means a device is temporarily disabled.
Other than icon indicators on Device Manager, you may also receive errors that will tell you the symptoms your computer is displaying.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Code 32 - Error 32
Regardless of the kind of Device Manager error you are getting, these errors are normally caused by the following:
- Recent changes made in the system such as installation of a new program or hardware
- Registry changes due to other error troubleshooting
- Updates that your computer automatically installed
- Virus infection that targets Device Manager settings
- Not enough memory
- Defective hardware due to normal device wear and tear
There is no need to be afraid of receiving a Device Manager error. Device Manager errors are tools that help us properly identifying which component or software you need to troubleshoot.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- On Device Manager, find the problematic driver.
- Right click the device and click Properties.
- When you see the Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- You will see the Roll Back Driver button, click that.
- Confirm the rollback by clicking Yes when you see a question that says "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?"
- Restart your computer after this.
It is the simplest single step you perform to correct problems with your device. Whenever you get a Device Manager error, first thing you would want to do is to restart your computer and let your computer go back to previous setup without reinstalling or restoring your OS.
Also, keep it a habit to turn your computer off after use. It's an easy enough task to do and very helpful in maintaining proper system operations. Leaving your computer on a sleep or hibernate mode can shorten the life of your computer anyway, so, again, make it a point to shut down your computer after every usage.
- If you received a Device Manager error code, take note of the description so you can pinpoint the driver or the component that is causing the error
- Launch device manager by either searching for Device Manager or running "devmgmt.msc"
- Find the driver on the list and right click on it
- Click Uninstall in case you want to reinstall the driver, or Update Driver Software if you are trying to update it.
- You will see a confirmation window, make sure the Delete driver software item is unchecked.
- Click ok then reboot your computer.
You may alternately do this:
- You may manually download the driver from the manufacturer.
- Run it to replace the current driver you are using.
- Once done, let your computer reboot.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- Click System Restore and then click Next.
- Choose your restore point when you know your computer is doing fine
- Keep clicking Next and the click Finish
- It will take time so be patient, wait for the operation to completely stop
- Right-click the Start button, then click System.
- Once in System window, click System and Security.
- Tap System and on the left side, click System protection.
- Click System Restore, follow the instruction to select your restore point and then click Next until you see the Finish button.
- Wait for the restore process to finish.
- Click Start, Search for Update.
- You will see Windows Update as one of the listed search items, click it.
- This will automatically run a search for the most recent updates you should have. You may want to check the descriptions of the updates and install only those that are compatible with your system.
Wie beheben Fehler 32 (Code 32) - Ein Treiber (Dienst) für dieses Gerät wurde deaktiviert. Ein alternativer Treiber kann diese Funktionalität bereitstellen.
Come fissare Errore 32 (Codice 32) - Un driver (servizio) per questo dispositivo è stato disabilitato. Un driver alternativo potrebbe fornire questa funzionalità.
Hoe maak je Fout 32 (Code 32) - Een stuurprogramma (service) voor dit apparaat is uitgeschakeld. Een alternatieve driver kan deze functionaliteit bieden.
Comment réparer Erreur 32 (Code 32) - Un pilote (service) pour ce périphérique a été désactivé. Un autre pilote peut fournir cette fonctionnalité.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 32 (코드 32) - 이 장치의 드라이버(서비스)가 비활성화되었습니다. 대체 드라이버가 이 기능을 제공할 수 있습니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 32 (Código 32) - Um driver (serviço) para este dispositivo foi desativado. Um driver alternativo pode estar fornecendo essa funcionalidade.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 32 (Kod 32) - En drivrutin (tjänst) för den här enheten har inaktiverats. En alternativ drivrutin kan tillhandahålla denna funktion.
Как исправить Ошибка 32 (Код 32) - Драйвер (служба) для этого устройства отключен. Эту функцию может обеспечивать альтернативный драйвер.
Jak naprawić Błąd 32 (Kod 32) - Sterownik (usługa) dla tego urządzenia została wyłączona. Alternatywny sterownik może zapewniać tę funkcję.
Cómo arreglar Error 32 (Código 32) - Se ha desactivado un controlador (servicio) para este dispositivo. Un controlador alternativo puede proporcionar esta funcionalidad.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #61
Change Master/Slave to Cable Select Configuration:
Speed up your computer's boot time by changing your hard drive configuration from Master/Slave to Cable Select. You can check the settings in BIOS and change the configuration from there. This not-so-common trick can decrease boot time significantly.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018