How to fix the Windows System Error 80 ERROR_FILE_EXISTS
Error InformationError name: ERROR_FILE_EXISTS
Error number: Error 80
Applies to: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Description: The file exists.
Recommended: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Windows System Error
Windows system errors occur at various times during normal use of the operating system. Users should receive an error code that they can use to analyze and investigate what happened to the computer. However, these codes will not necessarily provide detailed information. And since non-system software can also return these codes, the user will need to have an understanding of the program and runtime context when analyzing errors. Here are some ways to understand symptoms, causes and general solutions.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Exists - Exists is a keyword or function in many languages, especially in SQL.
- File - A block of arbitrary information, or resource for storing information, accessible by the string-based name or path
- File exists - A "FileExists" method provides a mechanism to determine if a specified pathfile exists.
Symptoms of Code 80 - ERROR_FILE_EXISTS
When processing, Windows send System Error codes to tell the user the kind of problem happening to the computer. They appear at unexpected instances so it is difficult to detect unless one analyzes the error message that comes with it. Windows System Error codes are symptoms to other problems happening to the computer, and since they are, users need to consider the error message, the time and the processes running while it occurred.
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of ERROR_FILE_EXISTS - Error 80
Windows system errors can be caused by software or hardware breakdown. Sometimes, your software is not working in consistency with the hardware because of changes or general hardware failures. At some instances, users might have installed conflicting drivers or the OS got corrupted. Perhaps a component had some abnormal power surge which can damage parts and affect its operation. Different kinds of factors may have happened which caused the system to display a System error at certain periods of computer usage. Problems with software and hardware, of course, easily resolved if user can easily pinpoint the portion that are causing the failure. To address problems with these kinds of error, try the following repair methods.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- The best way to repair your system software is still reinstalling it. Repair reinstall process helps you keep your files as you repair the operating system. Though, you need to make sure you back up your file if you indeed need to clean reinstall your computer. You will need to insert your installation media and restart your computer.
- Access your BIOS, the process differs from one computer model to another, it may be F1, F2, or Del button.
- Once there, go to boot section, set boot to the installation disk and save settings.
- For earlier version of Windows, you may need to tap your keyboard while you wait for the computer to access the installation disk.
- Choose the repair utility first instead of clean installing the OS. This may save you a lot of hassles. However, if the issue continues after rebooting your computer, then just back up files and do the clean reinstall.
- On Device Manager, find the problematic driver.
- Right click the device and click Properties.
- When you see the Properties window, click the Driver tab.
- You will see the Roll Back Driver button, click that.
- Confirm the rollback by clicking Yes when you see a question that says "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?"
- Restart your computer after this.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- Click System Restore and then click Next.
- Choose your restore point when you know your computer is doing fine
- Keep clicking Next and the click Finish
- It will take time so be patient, wait for the operation to completely stop
- Right-click the Start button, then click System.
- Once in System window, click System and Security.
- Tap System and on the left side, click System protection.
- Click System Restore, follow the instruction to select your restore point and then click Next until you see the Finish button.
- Wait for the restore process to finish.
- To run the command, open elevated Command prompt by typing it on the search window, then right clicking Command Prompt and choosing run as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow on the prompt and wait until verification process is successfully completed
- Open Command Prompt by typing it on the search box, then when you see the result on the list overhead, right click on it and choose, Run as Administrator
- Your system might say you cannot run it at the moment because you are still processing data, and will ask you if you want to run it before the next startup, just click y for yes and then exit the screen and reboot the computer
- Once the computer reboots, you will see checkdisk running outside of Windows, just let it finish till it gives you a report of what was found, fixed or marked
- Exit the window and the let your computer reboot normally.
- If you received a Device Manager error code, take note of the description so you can pinpoint the driver or the component that is causing the error
- Launch device manager by either searching for Device Manager or running "devmgmt.msc"
- Find the driver on the list and right click on it
- Click Uninstall in case you want to reinstall the driver, or Update Driver Software if you are trying to update it.
- You will see a confirmation window, make sure the Delete driver software item is unchecked.
- Click ok then reboot your computer.
- You may manually download the driver from the manufacturer.
- Run it to replace the current driver you are using.
- Once done, let your computer reboot.
Wie beheben Fehler 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Die Datei existiert.
Come fissare Errore 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Il file esiste.
Hoe maak je Fout 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Het bestand bestaat.
Comment réparer Erreur 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Le fichier existe.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - 파일이 존재합니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - O arquivo existe.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Filen finns.
Как исправить Ошибка 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Файл существует.
Jak naprawić Błąd 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - Plik istnieje.
Cómo arreglar Error 80 (ERROR_FILE_EXISTS) - El archivo existe.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #47
Optimize Windows With Performance Troubleshooter:
Optimize your Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC using the Performance Troubleshooter for a better and faster speed. This tool can find problems and gives actionable solutions on how to fix them. Just type "troubleshooter" in the search box of your Control Panel.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018