How to fix the Web Error Code Error 500 Internal Server Error
Error InformationError name: Internal Server Error
Error number: Error 500
Applies to: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Description: This is a negative response that is usually caused by a problem in programming code when a CGI program is run.
Recommended: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Status Codes
When you receive web error codes, you may either be having client or server issues. The problem could be related to browser or settings that are blocking your connection, or it can be any other issues related to the server you are trying to access.
To explain the problem further, here are some useful information about web error codes, their symptoms, causes and repair methods.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Cgi - 1 The Common Gateway Interface is a standard defining how web server software can delegate web page generation to a stand-alone application or executable file
- Internal - The internal tag should be used when the question in which this tag has been used is about the internal operation in a function, language, program, or system.
- Response - A response is a general term for a message which is sent as an answer for previously made request.
- Server - A server is a running instance of a software application capable of accepting requests from a client and giving responses accordingly.
Symptoms of Code 500 - Internal Server Error
Web error codes are also known as http status codes. There are five different classes of http status codes and they always start with the following digits, depending on what kind of error was encountered by the user. These are also the symptoms of the error that the user is experiencing. To explain further, here are the status codes.
5xx: Server Error
Users receive response with error code beginning with this number to message an error happening on the server side. In other words, these are server acknowledged errors coming from their end. These are the error messages displayed:
500 - Internal Server Error
501 - Not Implemented
502 - Bad Gateway
503 - Service Unavailable
504 - Gateway Timeout
505 - HTTP Version Not Supported
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Internal Server Error - Error 500
5XX codes are caused when the server fails to fulfill a request.
There are particular troubleshooting steps for particular Web Error codes. However, there are also generalized repair methods users can perform when faced with these kinds of errors.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- Sometimes, additional Extensions may give you Web Error Codes.
- Uninstall Extensions you recently installed by going to your browser settings and then clicking More Tools.
- You will see extensions than had been installed on your browser, choose the latest addition which you suspected caused the problem you are having.
- On Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the three dots on the upper right portion of your browser
- Click More Tools and then Click Clear browsing data.
- You may choose to delete everything or just a certain browsing period.
- Check the boxes beside Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Finally, click Clear data.
- On Edge
- Click the ... it is the rightmost button just beneath the close button.
- Scroll down and Click Settings.
- Look for Clear browsing data, and click Choose what to clear button.
- It will give you option to choose which type of data you want to clear, just put a check mark on the items you want to include, then click Clear.
- On Mozilla
- Go to History menu and select Clear Recent History.
- You may click the Alt button if the menu bar is hidden.
- You will see a dropdown menu where you can select the period or range you want to delete, click your selection.
- You can click on Details to choose what to clear, whether it be the entire cache or other items.
- Once selected, click Clear now and then reboot the browser to let changes take effect.
- If you want to check log files, you may do so by first ensuring that you are logged into the web server computer as an Administrator.
- Click Start, then Settings, then click Control Panel.
- Open Administrator Tools and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
- Select the website from the list of different served sites.
- Right click the website and then point your mouse to Properties.
- Select Website tab and then click Properties. On it, you will see General Properties tab. On the bottom of the window, you may see the location of the log files generated.
- Open log files using WordPad, any text file viewer or Microsoft Word.
- Here, you should be able to analyze where you got the errors while accessing a server.
- Search for Windows Updates on the search bar.
- Click enter when it comes up on the search results.
- Check recent updates and click Uninstall updates on recent dates when the error began happening.
- Press the window key and the letter X simultaneously to open Settings
- When you get to Windows settings, click Update & Security.
- Click view installed update history, then Uninstall updates.
- This troubleshooting is normally handled by the site admin. If that is you, then you need to have an understanding of Web server configurations.
- You may check which web server is running your site by using URL or domain checkers. You just need to enter the site address and analyze the results that you will get.
- You may also check for broken links by right clicking the webpage and clicking on Inspect. This should give you the code to the site on the right side. You may check each anchor text and see if the links connected to them are still live.
- You may also check for any unwanted characters on the codes and script by Debug Application Codes and Scripts. If you don't have any idea how to do it, you may check this resource to do that.
- You may also try to Refresh website. Sometimes, the error you are getting is an old error which has not gone away and a simple refresh by clicking F5 may do the job.
Wie beheben Fehler 500 (Interner Server-Fehler) - Dies ist eine negative Reaktion, die normalerweise durch ein Problem im Programmiercode verursacht wird, wenn ein CGI-Programm ausgeführt wird.
Come fissare Errore 500 (Errore interno del server) - Questa è una risposta negativa che di solito è causata da un problema nel codice di programmazione quando viene eseguito un programma CGI.
Hoe maak je Fout 500 (Interne serverfout) - Dit is een negatieve reactie die meestal wordt veroorzaakt door een probleem in de programmeercode wanneer een CGI-programma wordt uitgevoerd.
Comment réparer Erreur 500 (Erreur interne du serveur) - Il s'agit d'une réponse négative qui est généralement causée par un problème de code de programmation lors de l'exécution d'un programme CGI.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 500 (내부 서버 오류) - 이것은 일반적으로 CGI 프로그램이 실행될 때 프로그래밍 코드의 문제로 인해 발생하는 부정적인 응답입니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 500 (Erro interno do servidor) - Esta é uma resposta negativa que geralmente é causada por um problema no código de programação quando um programa CGI é executado.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 500 (Internt serverfel) - Detta är ett negativt svar som vanligtvis orsakas av ett problem i programmeringskoden när ett CGI -program körs.
Как исправить Ошибка 500 (Внутренняя ошибка сервера) - Это отрицательный ответ, который обычно вызван проблемой в программном коде при запуске программы CGI.
Jak naprawić Błąd 500 (Błąd serwera wewnętrznego) - Jest to negatywna odpowiedź, która zwykle jest spowodowana problemem w kodzie programistycznym podczas uruchamiania programu CGI.
Cómo arreglar Error 500 (Error interno del servidor) - Esta es una respuesta negativa que generalmente es causada por un problema en el código de programación cuando se ejecuta un programa CGI.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #22
Reduce The Fonts Loading at Startup:
Having too many fonts can slow down your computer significantly. To avoid this issue, try to trim down the fonts you use by deleting the ones that you don't use. Don't forget to backup those fonts in case you decide to use them again.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018