How to fix the Web Error Code Error 405 Method Not Allowed
Error InformationError name: Method Not Allowed
Error number: Error 405
Applies to: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Description: The method you are using to access the file is not allowed.
Recommended: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance.DOWNLOAD NOW
About Status Codes
When you receive web error codes, you may either be having client or server issues. The problem could be related to browser or settings that are blocking your connection, or it can be any other issues related to the server you are trying to access.
To explain the problem further, here are some useful information about web error codes, their symptoms, causes and repair methods.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Access - DO NOT USE this tag for Microsoft Access, use [ms-access] instead
- File - A block of arbitrary information, or resource for storing information, accessible by the string-based name or path
- Access - Microsoft Access, also known as Microsoft Office Access, is a database management system from Microsoft that commonly combines the relational Microsoft JetACE Database Engine with a graphical user interface and software-development tools
- Method - A method often called function, routine or procedure is code that performs a task and is associated with a class or an object.
Symptoms of Code 405 - Method Not Allowed
Web error codes are also known as http status codes. There are five different classes of http status codes and they always start with the following digits, depending on what kind of error was encountered by the user. These are also the symptoms of the error that the user is experiencing. To explain further, here are the status codes.
4xx: Client Error
This error is sent back to the user when it is a client-side error. The user receives notifications of a bad request, content not found or unauthorized access to the content or something to that effect.
400 - Bad Request
401 - Unauthorized
402 - Payment Required
403 - Forbidden
404 - Not Found
405 - Method Not Allowed
406 - Not Accepted
407 - Proxy Authentication Required
408 - Request Timeout
409 - Conflict
410 - Gone
411 - Length Required
412 - Precondition Failed
413 - Request Entity Too Large
414 - Request-URI Too Long
415 - Unsupported Media Type
416 - Request Range Not Satisfied
417 - Expectation Failed
(For illustrative purposes only)
Causes of Method Not Allowed - Error 405
4XX codes are caused by the user or settings from the user's side. The request was not understood by the server because of wrong address bar entry, incorrect syntax, unstable connection or erroneous OS.
There are particular troubleshooting steps for particular Web Error codes. However, there are also generalized repair methods users can perform when faced with these kinds of errors.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.
- You may also check for any unwanted characters on the codes and script by Debug Application Codes and Scripts. If you don't have any idea how to do it, you may check this resource to do that.
- You may also try to Refresh website. Sometimes, the error you are getting is an old error which has not gone away and a simple refresh by clicking F5 may do the job.
- Sometimes, additional Extensions may give you Web Error Codes.
- Uninstall Extensions you recently installed by going to your browser settings and then clicking More Tools.
- You will see extensions than had been installed on your browser, choose the latest addition which you suspected caused the problem you are having.
- On Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click the three dots on the upper right portion of your browser
- Click More Tools and then Click Clear browsing data.
- You may choose to delete everything or just a certain browsing period.
- Check the boxes beside Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Finally, click Clear data.
- On Edge
- Click the ... it is the rightmost button just beneath the close button.
- Scroll down and Click Settings.
- Look for Clear browsing data, and click Choose what to clear button.
- It will give you option to choose which type of data you want to clear, just put a check mark on the items you want to include, then click Clear.
- On Mozilla
- Go to History menu and select Clear Recent History.
- You may click the Alt button if the menu bar is hidden.
- You will see a dropdown menu where you can select the period or range you want to delete, click your selection.
- You can click on Details to choose what to clear, whether it be the entire cache or other items.
- Once selected, click Clear now and then reboot the browser to let changes take effect.
- If you want to check log files, you may do so by first ensuring that you are logged into the web server computer as an Administrator.
- Click Start, then Settings, then click Control Panel.
- Open Administrator Tools and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
- Select the website from the list of different served sites.
- Right click the website and then point your mouse to Properties.
- Select Website tab and then click Properties. On it, you will see General Properties tab. On the bottom of the window, you may see the location of the log files generated.
- Open log files using WordPad, any text file viewer or Microsoft Word.
- Here, you should be able to analyze where you got the errors while accessing a server.
- Search for Windows Updates on the search bar.
- Click enter when it comes up on the search results.
- Check recent updates and click Uninstall updates on recent dates when the error began happening.
- Press the window key and the letter X simultaneously to open Settings
- When you get to Windows settings, click Update & Security.
- Click view installed update history, then Uninstall updates.
- This troubleshooting is normally handled by the site admin. If that is you, then you need to have an understanding of Web server configurations.
- You may check which web server is running your site by using URL or domain checkers. You just need to enter the site address and analyze the results that you will get.
- You may also check for broken links by right clicking the webpage and clicking on Inspect. This should give you the code to the site on the right side. You may check each anchor text and see if the links connected to them are still live.
Wie beheben Fehler 405 (Methode Nicht zulässig) - Die Methode, mit der Sie auf die Datei zugreifen, ist nicht zulässig.
Come fissare Errore 405 (Metodo Non consentito) - Il metodo che stai utilizzando per accedere al file non è consentito.
Hoe maak je Fout 405 (Methode: niet toegestaan) - De methode die u gebruikt om toegang te krijgen tot het bestand is niet toegestaan.
Comment réparer Erreur 405 (Méthode non autorisée) - La méthode que vous utilisez pour accéder au fichier n'est pas autorisée.
어떻게 고치는 지 오류 405 (방법 허용되지 않음) - 파일에 액세스하는 데 사용하는 방법이 허용되지 않습니다.
Como corrigir o Erro 405 (Método não permitido) - O método que você está usando para acessar o arquivo não é permitido.
Hur man åtgärdar Fel 405 (Metod Ej tillåten) - Metoden du använder för att komma åt filen är inte tillåten.
Как исправить Ошибка 405 (Метод не разрешен) - Метод, который вы используете для доступа к файлу, не разрешен.
Jak naprawić Błąd 405 (Metoda Niedozwolona) - Metoda, której używasz do uzyskania dostępu do pliku, jest niedozwolona.
Cómo arreglar Error 405 (Método no permitido) - El método que está utilizando para acceder al archivo no está permitido.
STEP 1:Click Here to Download and install the Windows repair tool.
STEP 2:Click on Start Scan and let it analyze your device.
STEP 3:Click on Repair All to fix all of the issues it detected.
1 Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD
This download offers unlimited scans of your Windows PC for free. Full system repairs start at $19.95.
Speed Up Tip #23
Troubleshooting Windows Hanging On Shutdown:
If your Windows is taking too long to shutdown you can always do something about it. Troubleshoot the issue by trying out to reinstall network drivers, disabling certain hardware devices, checking on your hard drive and quitting some software before shutdown.
Click Here for another way to speed up your Windows PC
Microsoft & Windows® logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft. Disclaimer: ErrorVault.com is not affiliated with Microsoft, nor does it claim such affiliation. This page may contain definitions from https://stackoverflow.com/tags under the CC-BY-SA license. The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2018